Friday, July 31, 2009

AND THE LEAKS JUST KEEP ON COMING...


The point of my blog, is to bring you insight to things you may not know about what goes on behind the scene's in professional sports. Today two more names were released from the SEALED 2003 list of major league baseball players, and I have to ask myself, what is really going on behind these sealed records and when does it become illegal to leak these SEALED names?

I do not condone drug use of any kind. Period. If there are substances on a list that your union tells you that you are not aloud to take or there will be consequences, then so be it. But when your union tells you that you must participate in a drug test that will remain sealed, they owe it to you that it stays sealed.

First Bonds, then Arod, Sosa and now Manny and Papi. Only 99 to go! Let me give you some insight, I recently had a very reliable source tell me exactly who is on the list. I had my suspicions about David Ortiz after the news came out about Manny Ramirez testing positive for a banned substance. I have learned how the Dominican players bond very quickly in the locker room. They eat together, hang out together away from the ballpark, some even room together. I also saw how close Manny and Papi were in Boston. My gut told me that if Manny was involved in taking PEDs, Papi was probably involved as well. Two weeks ago, my source told me Manny and Papi were on the list. He knew who was on this sealed list.

As a journalist, it is my responsibility to have some ethics. This was not a sealed list of terrorists selling drugs to school children. It is interesting that these so called journalists who are hunting down this story don't seem to care what PEDs these athletes tested positive for. Isn't that part of the story? And trust me, if you know these five names, you know them all. Why not rip this band aid off and release all the names and be done with this never ending story. But then you might have to actually work for a real story.

If my source is correct, there are still big names on this list. They touch every team in baseball so get off your high horse that the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers are the only ones cheating. The names that tested positive have been involved in the biggest moments in baseball history. As these last ninety nine names are trickled out, the news will be shocking to their fans. If you are still shocked by this story that is. What is shocking is how this information is being leaked. THAT is the story I would like to uncover because that person or persons have broken the law. How would you like your sealed medical records to be leaked out to the mass media?

When will MLB take responsibility for this? It is their union who threw their players under the bus. Manny took his punishment, when will MLB?

No comments:

Post a Comment