Tuesday, June 30, 2009

DODGERS ITALIAN STORY WINS NATIONAL AWARD




As journalists it is always nice to get a pat om the back for a job well done. It is especially nice to share this with all of the people who do the work behind the scene's and for the people you actually interview. After all, it is their story.
Last year I had an idea to highlight what I kindly refer to as the "Dodgers Italian Mafia". Being Italian myself so this is totally acceptable. Tommy La Sorda, Joe Torre and Ned Colletti all with Italian roots are also three of the highest ranking members with in the Dodgers Organization...I did not say they were Organized.
At any rate, it was my pleasure to sit down with these three men and talk about their Italian heritage. As a result the feature called the "Italian Story" won a National award this week, called The Telly.
A special thanks to an amazing cameraman and editor, Colin Sommer who put up with all of my neurosis during the shoots and editing sessions. To Mark J. Doddy our station manager who allows me to explore my creativity and to our station RPV-TV who supports our programming. to the Dodgers PR staff who are always willing to help out and facilitate logistics to make these things happen. And finally to Joe Tommy and Ned who enthusiastically sat with me sharing their stories about growing up Italian.
Last to my Italian family who is very proud of being Italian.

Enjoy our Award Winning story.

No comments:

Post a Comment