Tuesday, June 9, 2009

HELIO WINS AT TEXAS!


After the year that Helio Castroneves has had, I can honestly say that sometimes good things happen to good people. My goal with this blog is to give you behind the scene's information that you may not find anywhere else taking from my personal experiences with athletes.

As the Indy Racing League moves forward to gain more popularity, driver Helio Castroneves is one of the most visible drivers. In addition to his success on the track, he was thrust in to the main stream after appearing and winning on
"Dancing With The Stars".

Earlier this year, Castroneves was on trial for tax evasion. He was recently acquitted on the charges and the next day was in Long Beach to qualify for the Long Beach Grand Prix. I was there in Long Beach the day he came in. He was with his sister, parents, girlfriend beside him. Having known him for ten years, Helio is one of the most genuine people I have ever met in my life. His enthusiasm for life is amazing, you can feel it when you are around him. Helio is not afraid to show emotion. After several months dealing with his legal issues, you could see how relieved and grateful he was to be back to racing. He cried at the press conference and hugged everyone in sight, including me. Roger Penske described Helio as someone who does not have a bad or malicious bone in his body. He is correct.


I wish everyone could meet him once just to see how regardless of success or failure, it does not change how he feels about life. I am glad to say he is back to success on the race track. Helio won the Indianapolis 500 last month for the third time. Now he wins the latest race in the Indy Racing series at the Texas Motor Speedway. We will have to wait and see if he wins the championship, but there is no doubt that every time Helio Castroneves wins a race, I will have a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment