Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MANNY STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT


Yesterday, Manny Ramirez came by Dodger Stadium to see his team mates. Players generally arrive at the stadium by about 3 o clock for a night game. I came in about 3:30 and as I walked into the locker room, I noticed a small group, about five writers were gathered at the end of the locker room. As I got closer I realized that Manny was sitting at his locker talking to Rafael Furcal. The small group of reporters were throwing in stupid questions as usual. Let the stupid questions begin. Luckily Manny knows how to handle them. He basically said, he came to see his teammates, he talked to Joe Torre, he is working out everyday, excited to come back, sorry about not being there, happy for Juan Pierre who has been playing great, what happened in the past happened, time to move on. He also said he did not rape or kill anyone. I AGREE 100%! Granted baseball rules were broken and Manny is paying the agreed suspension. Period the end.

As Casey Blake walked by and saw his team mate, he happily yelled out, "Man Ram is here". As the frustrated group of writers ran out of questions, they moved away from Manny. I gave him a hug and said hello. With me Manny is always warm and happy to see me. Today was the same.

I thought his timing was brilliant. About 90% of all Los Angeles media was in Orlando with the Lakers for the Championship series. The Dodgers won the game with Andre Ethier hitting two Home Runs, Matt Kemp and Orlando Hudson hitting one as well. Maybe having Manny around is a good influence. He's a good guy with a big heart. He made a mistake....Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment